Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wedding Jitters?

The best way to not freak out the weekend before your wedding is to stay incredibly busy. And in my case, to specifically stay as far away from your house as possible. Mainly because I can barely walk in my own home.

Exhibits A, B, C, & D

wedding stuff corner 1

corner 2

corner 3

corner 4


To celebrate the one week countdown, Ryan treated me to a surprise dinner at Waterbar, a delicious seafood spot nestled next to the water with fantastic views of the Bay Bridge. He requested a corner table so we could watch the day turn to night and see the city lit up. Romantic. After dinner, he shuffled me to the movies to see 50/50. Movie review here. Such an all-American date night.

ready to eat some seafood!

great views

feast

special dessert


Saturday, I treated myself to a little round of tennis. It is difficult to find 5.0 or 5.5 players since the USTA unfairly rated me, but I have really lucked out by getting to play with some great girls at the Cal Club. So they invited me to join their team. Taylor, a recent Princeton grad, and I took the court in a 2 hour doubles match. We ended up winning in a 3rd set super tie breaker. We were stoked.

Ryan's parents arrived Saturday afternoon so we chilled on the couch with football and wine. A few drinks and pizzas later, we got dolled up and headed to the NDV Bal de Paris. The 62nd annual was a huge hit as the leading fundraiser for the school and church. The live auction raised too much money to count with contributions going towards a new playground for school and stained glass windows for church. The local was old school speak easy: Bimbo's 365. The music was a riot: Super Diamond (read a Neil Diamond cover band). We sipped on champagne and desserted on mini-cheesecake balls. Then we cut a rug (wedding dance practice of course) to the throwback jams.



cheers 
dance machines



Sunday we treated Ryan's rents to a tour of San Francisco complete with Lombard Street, Fisherman's Wharf, Sausalito, Muir Woods, Union Street, & Ghiradelli Square. After filling up on sweets...I am so not a typical bride on a typical bride's pre wedding diet in case you didn't notice (**I assume McD's, cupcakes, reese cups, cheese, and an assortment of other fatty foods are not deemed wedding diet appropriate). Like I was saying, after dessert, I fell victim to household chores. You know laundry, dishes, packing, anxiety attacks...the usual suspects.


The Thompsons 
The Almost Thompsons

Sausalito

Sausalito




I am REALLY looking forward to driving to Solvang today to escape our tiny mess of a place and get this wedding thing under way! See you there ;)



2 comments: