Friday, October 28, 2011

Red Devils Unite



We are in full post season mode here on the tennis courts of Golden Gate Park. Yesterday we played our semi-final match against International (a team we played competitively last Friday). To say I was nervous in an understatement. Not because I doubt my team. On the contrary, I believe whole heartedly that this is their time to shine. But more nervous due to a mother-like instinct. I adore these girls like I imagine I'll adore my own someday. Their spirits touch me daily, and their smiles & giggles really enlighten me. 


Mid-season we were at a cross in the road. We had a choice to make, and we took the high road to rise above our past. Ever since that moment, we have really united as a team and pressed on with fierce competitiveness. So it was fitting that we came out storming late afternoon to defeat IHS 5-2. The win put us into the finals of the BCL tournament. A victory that I was certain we deserved and had the talent to achieve, but at times, I feared we might lack the mental toughness to overcome. Happy to report my fears were put to rest.


On Halloween, we will face Lick or MA; teams that will no doubt bring the heat against us. But we are prepared to put our war paint on and bring the thunder! Please say a special prayer for us on Monday as we strive to win the BCL tournament and DEFEAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment