Thursday, October 27, 2011

Career Fulfillment

A few days ago, Kendahl & I were chatting (no not the new baby nephew...my little sis) about Christmas gifts, funny family stuff, etc. The usual way our convos go. Basic jokes and laughter. So when she called me back to chat about something else, I knew it was important.

I've mentioned before that Ken & I have really grown into our relationship as sisters. We both lean on one another for advice which I truly cherish. She was discussing her desire to have a more hands on role at the dealership but struggling to juggle motherhood too. Her yearning for fulfillment from a career stand point yet a passion to be a stay-at-home mom reminded me of myself. And although I do not have children (yet), I have always had the need to do something greater in terms of career. I, too, yearn to make a difference, and I keep the family business close to my heart. In some ways, sans kids, I am just as complicated in this area as she seems to be.

I realized from talking to her two things: a) our family has succeeded in leaving a legacy so great that their children & grandchildren want to be a part of it all, and b) my desire to do something great with my life is still lurking.

So as I think about my loves & passions, family, tennis, & events are at the top of the list. Hopefully I can figure out a way to make those three things mesh into making a difference in the world. Fingers crossed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment