Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Sporty Sunday Too


Per my previous post, I mentioned after the amazing race 5k we completed Saturday, we were heading down to Los Gatos to attend/participate in Hits for Hospice. A late afternoon filled with tennis, cocktails, and dinner all for a charity that recently became close to my heart. Hospice in Louisville was the care-giver (during the end of their days) for all 3 of my grandparents who passed away in the last year and a half. They helped ease the pain and suffering of my dying Mamas & Papa so I was happy to play some tennis and raise money for Hospice of the Valley (the local chapter here).

center court

check in table

intense play

raffle prizes


the t-shirt


The sun was out and people were in great spirits with a packed house. All courts at Courtside were full with tennis lovers and their families & friends. I got to play 24 games of tennis which was a lot of fun and enjoyed visiting with the Wednesday night crew I have been playing with over the past few months. They always know how to have a good time!

hard work treated to a glass of wine

fire pit dinner

Gordon Collins, the GM of Courtside Tennis


After play, we enjoyed cocktails and appetizers on the top deck. The apps included steak skewers, veggie shooters, gourmet cheese, and artichoke & bacon dip. As the sun went down, we sat around the fire pits for some dinner. The menu included tenderloin, grilled chicken, potato salad, corn on the cob, roasted veggies, and fresh rolls. We enjoyed the comical mc'ing from Ben Queen who was an instrumental part in bringing this event about after both of his parents utilized Hospice's care.

All in all, it was a wonderful evening.

So to continue our very athletic weekend, we decided to play 9 holes of golf on Sunday. We teetered with just hitting some balls on the range, but we both really wanted to actually play some golf. A little par 3 course down in Foster City seemed like a great option so we headed south for the afternoon. Decked out in my professional golf attire accessorized by my full on set of Callaway clubs, I felt rather confident in my ability appearance looking like a golfer. It wasn't until I realized that we might have to pair up with another two-some on the course did I panic. Sure enough, Ryan party of 2 would be teeing off with Charles party of 2. Too late to back out now as I felt a tinge of anxiety.

his & hers

off the tee

kite boarders enjoying the sunshine

gorgeous view from the course

3rd whole picture


Well if you fear playing with randoms on account of your inabilities to golf under pressure, I would assume the preferred partners would be young kids. Lucky for me, the good Lord was on my side and blessed us with Charlie (Charles) & Eric. Two 8th grade boys who had their mom as a caddy. Around 3pm, our party of 5 teed off on the first whole. Pumped to report that I only biffed one drive while the other 8 went far & high & mostly straight. As for my chipping game, that was not too shabby either. It was that darn putting part that caused me to double bogey most holes. Nonetheless, we had a blast and enjoyed learning all about 8th grade in Menlo Park.

our pals Charlie & Eric



Check out the videos below of our Sunday Funday!








No comments:

Post a Comment