Saturday, July 16, 2011

Just Dance + Go On a Date

Tuesday nights we have been going to our begginner group dance lesson. Its the basic two-step waltz and three-step fox trot...or is it the other way around? Anywho, we are getting in quite a rhythm of dance date night on Tuesdays. So much of a rhythm that I am marking the lessons on my calendar; a huge commitment MUST to do if it makes the calendar FYI.

This week we decided to go full speed ahead and turn Tuesday into a real date night. We dipped out of work early to grab a drink with Aunt Ellen & Uncle Ken who happened to have a little free time while out here for a conference. We met them at Rouge et Blanc (basically when I find something I love, I love it to death ;) ). We loved catching up with them and reliving stories from our Alaskan cruise as well as getting excited for upcoming family festivities!

Feeling a flush of buzz from our late afternoon cocktail, we split ways to run separate errands before reconveining at Local. I've been several times for happy hour & dinner with friends, but Ryan was a newbie. I used this as one of his weekly surprises to stay aligned with this month's theme: gourmet delights. We each enjoyed another cocktail, wine and beer respectively and indugled in the divine happy hour menu. Ryan opted for the Local pizza, a local favorite, that appeases the appetite with a generous portion at the happy hour price. I chose the baked mac n' cheese with its rich, gooey cream. A must try if you live in the city or come to visit us ;)

wine & beer

Local pizza

mac n cheese heaven


Full and blushed, we headed to dance class where we moved to Norah (Jones) and Frank (Sinatra). We learned a few advanced moves including a circling waltz and an elegant, graceful turn. Before we knew it, Ryan & I were choreographing our own little dance. Who knew my amazing talents could rub off on him so easily?!

teach me how to doogie


Cheers to dancing & dating as we move closer to marriage!

P.S. Please note my UGGs that were worn on Tuesday evening...yes we are in July. Get with it San Francisco; its the freaking summer!


these are not supposed to appear until December

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time and wow that's a lot of food! I don't think I could dance after eating so much but I'm sur you danced it off and ready for desert after.

    ReplyDelete