Friday evening, Ryan grabbed groceries and all of the necessary ingredients for my summer salad. After Sunday's facial, I was in need of a refreshing lunch so I decided to go for it.
Here's the recipe:
Boston Blue Chicken and Apple Salad
- 4- 6oz. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4 in. thick slices
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat blue cheese
- 1/4 cup bottled reduced-fat vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- Spray grill pan with cooking spray and place over high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper and grill until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, apples, blue cheese, and vinaigrette. Toss & transfer to serving bowl.
- Slice chicken into 1/2 in. think slices. Add to salad and top with walnuts & chives.
- I prefer romaine lettuce so I subbed out the boston lettuce for romaine. Any lettuce will do really.
- I detest regular vinaigrette so I used raspberry vinaigrette instead. If you want extra flavor, try it.
- No chives for me. Toasted walnuts were enough topping.
- Pair with cheese & crackers and a glass of champagne for a more fancy meal.