Monday, March 21, 2011

Sunday Supper Series

Last Sunday, without really knowing, we created a newer tradition, yes newer. See in Los Angeles, Sunday was our guilt-free day. We'd head to church, check off another activity on our bucket list, and then indulge in tasty Chipotle. I have a strong loyalty to the hard, steak tacos. Ryan, on the other hand, teeters between the salad or burrito depending upon his level of fattiness that day.



Date Night

We kept up with this tradition sans the bucket list check mark when we first moved up to SF. Last week, we found ourselves driving around after church exploring a new neighborhood and salivating over the endless restaurant options. Finally apres circling Hyde & Polk for what seemed like hours to my growling tummy, we decided on Toast Eatery. I elected for the classic burger (no surprises there), and Ryan dined on the chicken club I believe. The food was delicious and the atmosphere wasn't too shabby. Any place that has a TV sporting college basketball is a win in my book.

So low and behold, last night after botched dinner plans with friends (do not even get me started on my dislike for Macy's Santa Clara right now), we headed out on our own to scout good locales for Elizabeth & Barry's upcoming visit. Marengo on Union was closed so we decided to branch out and try Roam. An artisan burger joint with a cozy feel and 3 TVs sporting March Madness. Could this place really be better than the last? Yes, it could. Ryan enjoyed the Tejano burger and sweet potato fries while I created my own artisan burger complete with beef, blue cheese, avocado, and egg. Topped off with a little thousand island dressing and a side of french fries, I was full as a tick and a happy camper.

Yummy to my Tummy

Looking forward to continuing this tradition each Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Yummo to sweet potato fries!!! Thanks for scouting food eateries for us! I bet it was a hard job eating all that fabulousness and watching sports simultaneously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very tough!!! I think we might do a repeat this weekend as we did not get enough research done for your visit ;)

    ReplyDelete