Thursday, March 10, 2011

40 Days & 40 Nights

Somehow, Ryan volunteered me to give up sweets for Lent. Clearly my weight is not the reason for such a silly Lenten promise. And to be honest, I have really cut back on my sweet intake simply because I treat myself to a piano key specialty coffee most days (piano key is my newest name for a mocha & white mocha blend).

Last year I gave up cursing which was extremely difficult and I faired pretty well. All in all, my use of curse words has been lowered except for the occasional tantrum I have while driving in the city or on the highway. So I wanted something as equally challenging.

I really loathe giving up the same thing that others give up. It seems a bit commercialized. 90% of people give up some type of bad food. I prefer to be different. However for lack of being able to come up with anything else seemingly significant, here I am left without sweets for 40 days.

As fate would have it, day 1 has been tempting as ever. First up, I found myself wandering into Noah's Bagel Shoppe rather than Subway to grab a sandwich for lunch. Noah's, of course, displays luscious pastries at every turn of the store.

Pit Stop #1
Exhibit A

Apres Ash Wednesday mass, we headed to Panera for some dinner. Soup & salad doesn't require meat so we were in the clear...or so I thought. Ryan dropped a land mine on me as he orders a pastry compliments of his combo meal.

What seems odd about this you might ask?? 1. this man NEVER orders sweets. 2. this man NEVER orders sweets. Ahah, you all didn't know that Ryan is a little devil trying to get me to break my Lenten promise on DAY 1!!!

You're going down Panera!

But not even these little guys could sway me from my promise...

Temptation at its finest


I have a feeling this is going to be a longgggggg 40 days ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment