Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Encounter With Me

We have all heard the phrase, "you can't love someone else unless you love yourself first." I was a bit of a cynicist when I first heard this until I realized the raw truth behind the statement. How can you possibly give yourself fully to another person if you are not giving yourself to yourself? It took me a few bumps & bruises along my life journey to realize the importance of self-worth and how it could negatively impact my relationships if I wasn't onboard with who I am.


Encounter with Me Worksheet

These questions forced me to take a deeper look into who I am, who I am perceived to be, and who I want to be. This exercise helped me realize my strength and value as an individual and then encouraged me to bring those attributes to my relationship with Ryan (or my parents, siblings, in-laws, friends, co-workers, etc).

So take a few moments to Encounter With You...before you Encounter With Anyone Else.

No comments:

Post a Comment