Sunday, February 27, 2011

China...Check

When Mama Comley passed away in 2009, I inherited my first set of china. The set still rests in the childhood bedroom closet of my parents' house. I can't bring myself to have it shipped out in fear of it being broken (not shocking that shipping companies don't hold the same sentimental value as myself). Then there is the thought that I am not sure I will ever use her chinca. I feel like it should be displayed, preserved, and an heirloom to continually pass down.

All of this being said, china was the first thing to make the registry. A perk of being "older" by Kentucky standards and just now getting hitched is that Ryan & I both have had our own set of everyday dishes. Nevermind that his were plain white making for a boring dinner setting. Mine, of course, have accented blue. From PB, they have withstood the test of time and are suitable for entertaining guests for mini-dinner parties...making a set of china an obvious choice.

Not surprising, I needed something different with a touch of...you guessed it, blue. I also am a realist and realized that 12 place settings was not a need or a want for this lady. 1. we do not have 5 couples friends or family in this area (nor the surrounding counties, cities, or states!). 2. we will be lucky if I can find a place to store our first registry gift which just so happens to be two 4-piece china place settings.

Now that I have hyped up my excitement about picking out and adding to our registry, I have to share the thrill I got when I peeked on macys.com just to see what type of action it might be getting.
This is what I found:

 Item:

 Would Love: 8                  Needs: 6 (in simple math that means someone bought us 2!)

I squeeled. Darted to the couch. Jumped on Ryan as if he was a trampoline and exclaimed, "someone got us two place settings of our china." He chuckled and then went back to watching TV. A few days later when I got dinged with an email from our lobby stating I had a package, I was anxious to see who the sender was especially when I noticed Macys as the return address. I made it upstairs, barely, to open the lovely package only to find this:

Lenox Chirp Simply Fine China

I seriously cannot wait to make friends, invite them over for dinner, and serve this fine china right on our dining room table...heck, I might be serving dinner for the next month on our couples' set!



What I aspire to have my dining room table look like someday!


1 comment:

  1. One of my great friends has the Chirp pattern and it is adorable! Trendy yet classic. Love it.

    ReplyDelete