Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Real Housewife-to-be of San Fran

They forgot to include me in this pic...


I am on day 8 of being a Real Housewife (to-be) of San Francisco. I have to say that is suits me just fine and the thought of returning to real work next week frightens me a bit. My routine has become pretty flawless and looks like something out of a cookie cutter magazine. It generally starts with dropping Ryan off at work with a kiss and sack lunch (albeit his 4 block commute), has an intermission of workout, yoga, errands, cooking dinner, a little TV, and finishes with a cuddly bedtime story.

While living my stint and gunning for a new series of RH, I have single-handedly unpacked all of my stuff, managed to squeeze all our stuff into the 892 sq. ft. we call home, organized the stuff for storage, made home-cooked meals each night, mailed packages, fended off the wolves of USAWP, gotten a facial, had my hair highlighted, and finished our engagement scrapbook pages.

Somehow, I have also managed to plan a few wedding details in there. Seems to me that my checklist is sittin' pretty at the moment:


  • venue (check)
  • band (check)
  • florist (semi-check)
  • dress (BIG check)
  • save-the-dates (3/4 check)
  • wedding website (check)
  • caterer...work in progress
  • cake...work in progress
  • registry (98% check)

So I have to give credit to myself for getting (excuse my unladylike language here) sh*t done. I am like a personal assistant to myself on steroids right now. Ahh two more days of playtime then back to reality. If anyone has any helpful hints on how to maintain housewife-to-be status, feel free to share with me.


4 comments:

  1. Whit!!! :) Congrats on the engagement! (saw on fb too) <3 and wow! you are on TOP OF YOUR GAME! haha... housewife is fun at first for a while... and you get TONS accomplished.. but after a while you miss some of the aspects of work. don't get me wrong.. i don't ALWAY miss it.. but i guess where I'm living, i miss it... if i was in the states, i feel like it would be a different story. Anyway, love following your blog! Miss you!!

    xoxo
    Laura
    http://whereisthelolo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura! Yes I somehow stumbled upon your blog one day and realized that you were in Sweden! Love it and I bet you get mistaken for a native all the time ;) Hope all is well with you! When are you getting married? Let me know if you are ever out here in SF!

    Pi Love,
    Whit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANT TO BE A HOUSEWIFE! I want to wake up, work out, maybe take lessons of some sort, yoga, shop, and then make dinner. CAN YOU TELL I DON'T WANT TO BE WORKING RIGHT NOW hahah! MISS YOU GIRL! Congrats! You two are going to have a HAPPY life in San Fran. Call you when I'm up next, which will definietly be in the next 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes call me EJ! I miss you terribly :)

    ReplyDelete