Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dear Those Who Wish to Remind Me of My Not-so-Happy-Moments from the Past,


While vinyasaing last evening, I realized a few things about life and my happy place at the moment. You see I am very lucky to have been reconnected with my prince charming, have an incredibly loving and faith-based relationship, and be blessed to enjoy the journey to marriage. I am dearly loved and respected each morning, noon, and night. Those feelings are reciprocated greatly towards Ryan as well. It is an amazing, beautiful, surreal, unexplainable at times thing.


In return, I we would greatly appreciate it if you would stop reminding of us of the not-so-happy times that we may have faced in our past. It's kind of like this: either get on the happy train with us or rapidly excuse yourself from being a part of our lives. I say this with no animosity whatsoever; think more along the lines of a momma cub protecting her babies.


Our fairytale life may or may not have happened like we imagined, but who's counting the how or why these days? I could careless if I had to bungee jump to Mauritius and then hitchhike back to get to where I am today. The important part is that I am here.


Continuing to remind us of (especially during such an exciting time like our engagement) a dark cloud that represents what I refer to as a really bad break-up is disheartening and a bit aggravating for three reasons. 


1. Think before you speak...because if you did, you would realize that bringing this up is IRRELEVANT to our engagement (it is also hurtful.)
2. It is INAPPROPRIATE! It is literally like telling someone who is pregnant, "Congratulations! Remember that time you had a miscarriage?" Again, INAPPROPRIATE!
3. It is really none of your damn business so get a new hobby. I don't go around reminding you of your past failures or flaws now do I?


In the words of my good, brutally honest, often painfully honest friend, "why should you make light of something so special just because you may or may not have had a mock situation to an illegal immigrant/alien previously?"


Point well taken Nugget.


Sincerely,
Soon-to-be Mrs. Ryan Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment