Saturday, January 15, 2011

American Cupcake

On a lazy Sunday afternoon while out-n-about for one of our famous mini-dates, Ryan & I grabbed Starbucks and walked along Union Street (not to be confused with Union Square). The joy of already having 3 visitors booked is my preparation of lining up a good ole' fashioned itinerary for their visits.

Being new to the city, research is key to the success of my planning. As we strolled hand in hand, I eyed each little sign, knick-knack, advertisement, menu, and decor I could see. I was mentally taking notes of places that would be friendly to our first visitors. My mind was racing with ideas and scenarios knowing the desires of my mom's heart and knowing the interests of Kara & Emily.

After grazing the left side of the block, we crossed the street to head back to the car. Not before examining the other side first though. Lost in my own thoughts and plans, I almost missed the delightful little surprise. Almost. But my nose never fails me...nor does my sweet tooth!

Inside this tiny shop was heaven with icing. Cupcakes. Cupcakes galore. Regular sized cupcakes. Mini-cupcakes. Red velvet truffles. Mimosas, correction, bottomless mimosas. Bubbly.

Mimosas, Cupcakes, and Bubbly, Oh My!

Ryan took one look at me and knew we were going in. I attempted to politely decline as I clung tight to my gingerbread latte, but he is no fool. "We'll take a red velvet cupcake and a red velvet truffle please." Oh how I love this man for so many reasons...

Heaven- dessert style


The experience was wonderful. The place felt homey yet hip. I could just see my girlfriends and I sitting on the swiveled bar stools sipping champagne, stuffing our faces with goodies, and gossiping about our college days.

So excited to take our visitors there next month! If you're a local, this is a MUST see & treat!


American Cupcake - Just like your mother never made
American Cupcake - 1919 Union Street, San Francisco, CA 94123
American Cupcake - Savory Suite
American Cupcake - Sweets
American Cupcake - PBJ
American Cupcake - Beer and Wine
American Cupcake - Candy Cocktails
American Cupcake - Cupcake Flights and Pairings

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING!!!! :) that would be SO SO SO much fun with a group of girlfriends... ahh.. i miss all those fun little places back home.

    ReplyDelete