Thursday, October 28, 2010

Terrifying Thursday Thoughts

They say that knowledge is power. I partially agree with this statement. However, in my most recent experiences, I believe knowledge to be a dangerous evil. It is like that catch-22 of do you really want to know if your boyfriend cheated on you 10 years ago when you just started dating. In hindsight, you don't want to feel like the world is looking at you as if you are a fool. But on the other hand, knowing the slightest piece of info can make a world of difference (often for the not-so-good).

This is an example of how/why my curiosity and snoopy nature gets me into trouble. Here I sit trying to expunge my mind of nonsense that I neither needed nor truly wanted to know. It has served me no purpose but that of harm. All the while, I am sure God is nodding down shaking his head at me saying "told ya so." And I am pretty sure that the devil is simultaneously laughing at his upper hand on me.

Grrrrr to Thursday's thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment