Monday, September 27, 2010

What's In a Name?

Apparently calling someone by their real name is becoming more of an option than a mandate. I have been called so many names in the past 3 days, none of which resemble my given name. (For the record, my name is not Brittany, Wendy, Karen, Collins, Courtney, Kim, or Angela). Also, people who do not know me have not been granted permission to call me Whit. This right is reserved for a small select few (you already know who you are). I am highly considering changing my name to Kevin, Kev for short. You can't actually mix that name up with anything else.

This reminds me of that time back in college when Kimmie & Aham had the pleasure of being in the same classes as the beast, and in the midst of senior year, she took it upon herself to change her name. As she announced to the class, I will now be going by Kada. Man did we all get a good laugh, and I felt comfort in knowing that I was not nearly as insane as her.

After some thorough research, I have found that other people get called varying names too. For example, Kate has been called Katie (standard), Amy, Kafer, and worst of all Pete. I guess this should make me feel a little bit better.

I have decided that if I am not called the right name, then the person obviously is not directing his/her question towards me. Because honestly, how hard is it to get someone's name right? So since their question is not directed at me, then I clearly do not need to be responding to their requests. Therefore, I will cut down on my work load by about 1/3. Making more time for reading and writing, shopping and dining...you know, the things I truly enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment