Friday, September 24, 2010

Alpha, Alpha, Delta, Pi...

Wednesday night marked the start of sorority recruitment (most commonly known as rush). Over the summer, I was upgraded to Recruitment Adviser and my position became a bit more intense than my casual involvement in the spring. Weekly meetings at the HOP (house of Pi) along with multiple daily emails and phone calls seemed to be my side job. Truth be told, I didn't really mind. I have actually enjoyed being able to advise and lead a group of girls in planning and executing something that was always good fun for me.

We had great ideas and visions for the week, but at times, I felt like I might be more committed (and slightly reliving my glory days) to the cause. My fears were squashed when I walked into the house mid-week. Everything was amazing- the decor, the bulletin boards, the lighting, the flowers, and most importantly the girls. The house looked like a professional had sprinkled some magic fairy dust and poof we had a house fit for full-court recruitment.

Tonight we begin Round 2...House Tours. With the generous donations from alumnae, the upstairs bathrooms look stunning. Think Pottery Barn on steroids (to coin a phrase from one of the seniors). The girls' rooms look amazing with matching plush bedding and little personalized items.

I am anxious to see how the rest of the week/weekend goes, but if the first round is any indication, I am extremely proud of everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment