Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wonderful Woman's Wednesday

As a spin-off of one of my fellow bloggers (but as not to copy her), I am going to incorporate a play-on words into my weekly blogging.


In my life, my girlfriends have always played a significant role in my life. They have been there in times of doubt, fear, and sadness. They have been there in times of happiness, joy, and accomplishment. Like fine wine, with age comes appreciation and understanding in how to support and assist one another in growth.


We, women, are a brave tribe who find comfort in knowing that we are not alone in our quirks, mannuerisms, apprehensions, and self-doubt. So as a way to show how wonderful the women in my life can be, I am going to take the time to highlight a beautiful woman each Wednesday (no promises on how consistent this will be folks).


First up...


Rachel Watts Webb


Rachie and I met in 2001 when we were both rushing sorority life at UK. We became pledge sisters by chance, but we became life-long friends by choice. She is an amazing woman, on the inside and outside. Her Christian values are reflected in her daily life, and it is impossible to not feel spiritually moved in her presence. She has a smile that can light up the room. Scratch that, she can light up an entire neighborhood. Her ears are always open to listen, and her advice has a way of putting you at ease. Whenever I need an angel on Earth, I just pick up the phone and call her!


Currently, Rachie is the proud mommy of Walker and the loving wife of Lee (aka Leedle). I had the honor of playing a part in her wedding day (can you say stunning), and I strive to practice the love that she gives forth in her marriage. I have only had the pleasure of watching her parenting skills once, but dang this momma knows how to get it done.


Most recently, while blog stalking her, I discovered that Leedle hi-jacked her blog to shine the spotlight on his boo. Rachie is hard at work promoting the great assets of our alma mater in the video below. So proud of you girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment