Friday, June 25, 2010

(Wild)Cat-tastic Draft

At the present, there are a lot of things going on in the sports world (and in my world for that matter). With so many topics to choose from, it often creates a sense of urgency and apprehensionon what subject to blog about.

EJ pointed out my neglect of Team USA in their last minute World Cup victory on Wednesday. My apologies as I sincerely had cold chills and was jumping up and down upon Donovan's goal. I might also note that I was hovered around the conference table at work, high-fiving CR at the height of it all.

I have clearly been following Wimbie, outlined by my 6 posts regarding the match heard round-the-world. It can also be said that each morning I arise with the hope that ESPN will have a heart and show me 25 minutes of London coverage before I have to trek to work. They actually do NOT have a heart, and I am always saddened by this reality.

But I think the most noteworthy sport-related news of all would be...

DRUM ROLL PLEASEEEEEEEE

5, count 'em, 5 Kentucky Wildcats were drafted in last night's NBA 2010 Draft. This marks another historical sports event. UK is the school to have the most players drafted EVER in the overall draft. Boom! We may not have won a National Championship this year, but we definitely are fielding some kick a$$ NBA playas!


#1 John Wall (aka Jive Buggin) Washington Wizards
#5 Demarcus Cousins (aka Boogie) Sacramento Kings
#14 Patrick Patterson (aka P-Pat) Houston Rockets (joining my boy Chuck Hayes)
#18 Eric Bledsoe (aka Crank the Mustard) Oklahoma City (via pick to the Clippers to the Heat and back)
#29 Kyle Orton (aka Two Step) Orlando Magic (to play with that loser J.J. Reddick which serves him right since he has been talking smack about UK)

Do work boys!

1 comment: