Thursday, June 3, 2010

At A Creative Stand Still

You know my life is a mess when I can't even find time to blog (aka indulge in a bit of therapy). I have not written much lately. I feel that my daily blog posts have been cluttered with pictures and videos due to my lack of ability to put together a coherent flow of thoughts/words.

I have missed one deadline for my book, and I am approaching a second deadline that really has no chance of being met. I am feeling very uncreative at the moment. I assume that this lack of creative flow comes from working a 9 to 5 job, sitting at a desk all day, and not being exposed to the outside world in a positive light 80% of the time (I am exposed to some pretty negative lights while working).

Most importantly, my motivation to write has fallen. I desperately want to finish the book. Trust me. In terms of therapy, writing takes the cake for me. The whole process has been about healing, growing, and doing something for me. It is not about money. If it never sells one copy, I don't care. I just want to accomplish something great. And if completing the book is the only thing I accomplish, then I will be incredibly fulfilled.

I sincerely hope that I can regain focus, heighten my motivation, and simply write.

Write from the heart. Write from the mind. Write with experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment