Thursday, May 27, 2010

Grand Slam Time

The time has come for summer. This means a lot of sun, blue skies, tan bodies, and sporting events. Particularly of interest to me would be the TENNIS events.

The French Open kicks off the Grand Slam season. I love all things French so I love this tournament. The red clay has always been a favorite of mine. Sliding around the court, the dust sweeping up onto my shoes. Ohhhh j'aime le tennis!

In the 2010 French Open, my good friend Jesse Witten was able to qualify and play the first round. He was defeated by Marcos Baghdatis (one of my faves), but to play in a Grand Slam period is an honor. Heck, to play in the quals is an honor in my book.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to watch any of the Open (although I do occasionally peek on the scoreboard via my computer at work). I am hoping this 3 day weekend brings relaxation, wine, and tennis!

Lord knows I need a vacation...wink, wink to my little loves dove!

No comments:

Post a Comment