Wednesday, April 14, 2010

True Friends Make My Heart Smile

Friendship: a relationship between people, organizations, or countries that is characterized by mutual assistance, approval, and support

It has taken me awhile to learn the true meaning of friendship and to realize who, indeed, are my true friends. I have been blessed with amazing people in my life, and I have come to find comfort in knowing who will always be there for me.

One of the most wonderful things about my true friends is that no matter how many days, weeks, or months go between our talks, I feel the same comfort in their voice as if we just left off yesterday.

Lately, I have been fighting a battle within myself. A battle brought on by the devil inside my mind. An obsession manifested and created by two people who really have no value or place in my life. And while I maintain that I am very much working to overcome this battle on my own, I have realized that the need for true, honest friends is at an all time high.

On my drive to work this morning, I found consolement (is that even a word?) in one of my dearest friends, Rachel. I have long admired her commitment to being a Christian, living life to the fullest, and having a 'can do attitude.' And I always find myself turning to her for guidance when I feel that I am on my knees with nowhere else to turn. She has this way, even through the phone, of touching my heart and making me smile.

And just like that I feel so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment