Thursday, April 22, 2010

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

Ever since August and our flawless first date...by flawless I mean that my dress strap broke as we pulled up to the ever so fancy Bertrand at Mr. A's and my eyes looked like I had been partaking in 4/20 (National Weed Holiday according to one of my co-workers) for a decade thanks to my Lasik surgery 3 days prior...I have been surprising Ryan with little gifts. I have always been way better at speaking my feelings than showing so this has been my conscious effort in showing.

The little treats have been well received (who doesn't like presents), and they have made for some great times for the two of us. Items include homemade cd's, UK t-shirts, dinners delivered to his office during a long night, a be the change journal, and a mini Boxster. Experiences include couples' massage, LA Kings' game, and a trip to San Fran only to drive all the way back to LA along the romantic PCH.

So last night, I planned another experience for my sweet. A check to be made on his list...one that I knew needed to be pushed along. A one hour harmonica lesson. This surprise sure was a hit. My ears enjoyed a great concert while Ryan learned and Leon (his teacher) played along on the guitar. And I don't think he has stopped playing the darn thing since.

I truly feel that we have (or have been) taken the sermon from Sunday's mass to heart:
fall in love and stay in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment