Thursday, November 19, 2009

24 of 25...Almost There

With the new job start date approaching rapidly, I have found myself in a tizzy with all of the packing, writing, and holiday preparations. The immediate need to get the book complete has sent me into a Hitler-like work mode. 24 of the 25 chapters are complete. They are complete in content, research, thought, and timeline. I have read them several times, and my grammatical whiz has as well.

And even though I still have one portion to complete, I am feeling a great sense of accomplishment. What started as a bit of therapy has turned into something so much larger in my opinion. It is magnificent for me to think that one day (whether I have to publish it myself or not) I will own a book with a hard cover and illustration that I wrote. It gives me butterflies.

I owe, in part, much of my recent motivation to Ry. He has a way of encouraging me and helping me accomplish the impossible. I am not exactly sure how he does it, but I like it.

In other news, David landed in SD at 10:30am today (from Kuwait). The excitement surrounding the Rhodes' household makes me smile inside. I will be there when the two boys see their father for the first time in 3 months. I know it will be magical. I will cry. Mark my words.

But I will be glad to be a part of such sweetness...

No comments:

Post a Comment