Tuesday, October 20, 2009

White Water Adventures

After an 11 day hiatus from school, my (fake) kids will finally return to Evans tomorrow. My boss and I have asked ourselves numerous times how we managed to last 8 hours, 5 days a week with them last year. I am not sure how we survived it as we barely made it through the past week and a half.

While we wanted them to go out with a bang, we decided a little adventure never hurt anyone. So this morning we headed out kayaking in the La Jolla Shores. And it was breathtaking. The weather was cool but sunny. A rare animal shaped cloud or two floated by as we sailed the Pacific. The water was a clear blue, and the waves were magically calm (until they crashed into 'crab island').

I had never been kayaking, but I am thrilled to add it to my list of water activities. The 4 of us looked liked children on Christmas morning in the already developed film courtesy of our water-proof camera.

Just another day in paradise and another day where I thank my lucky stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment