Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Fruit of the Spirit is Joy...

'For I will turn their mourning to joy, will comfort them, and make them rejoice rather than sorrow.' -Jeremiah 31:13

2 1/2 years ago I struggled immensely with the deep spiritual joy that the Lord intends for us to have. I was lost in a cynical world of self pity and substance indulgence. My faith teetered, and overall joy seemed non-existent.

I would be lying if I said it was an easy journey to that restoration. There have been a lot of curse words followed by immense anger transfered to humiliation and eventual flooding tears. But this journey has made me a stronger Christian, a better person. And it certainly has shown me things that (in my wildest dreams) I never thought possible.

Nonetheless, the joy of life and the spirit has been rejuvenated in my heart and soul. For this, I am truly in awe. And I sincerely believe that it is more passionate and profound than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment