Friday, October 23, 2009

Mi Madre

While poetry Friday is one of my faves to blog about, I wasn't able to come up with one yesterday due to external circumstances (aka my fake family was displaced and Bennett was with me during Mark's lesson).

So I will discuss how excited I am to see mi madre today. I often feel as if my family (dad!) boycotts visiting me since they haven't exactly approved of my cross-country moves. Yes moves. However, my mom always manages to make up some excuse to make the trek. This time she is using work. She arrived in Cali on Monday evening; however she is staying in Apple Valley (the desert) with my cousin.

We have decided, after much drama, that we will meet in Riverside this evening for a little dinner, a lot of wine, and some girl talk. I teetered on the idea of driving east rather than west to L.A. and adding the extra mileage (as I am already 10k over) on the old car. But in a month, I will not remember the time or money spent traveling to see her, rather I will recall the great rapport that we will build this evening.

Mommy, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment