Sunday, September 27, 2009

Take Me Home Tonight

As I sit in the Detroit airport, I am flooded by so many emotions and feelings. I have realized that while I love traveling, it somehow always leaves me with a sadness when my mini-adventure comes to an end. So many conversations and situations were had this weekend causing my mind to race with questions and thoughts.

The dynamics of people amazes me daily especially when they are people who touch my life and make an impact on my present and future. I often find myself overwhelmed with the opinions and advice given as well as the feelings that others might have (specifically towards/about me).

I think that everyone looks for approval of people who seem to matter in their lives. It is a natural want to be accepted and liked for being you. Often the pressure can consume one altering their behavior or attitude. With age, I have made a conscious effort to maintain my true identity throughout...no matter how nervous or uneasy I might become when meeting people.

This weekend I met a plethora of people who are important in a special person's life. I was incredibly nervous before traveling home, but I think I gracefully was able to be myself while engaging and learning who they are. And I truly enjoyed being part of such a wonderful group of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment