Monday, September 14, 2009

Filling the Infinite Between Two Souls

Music: the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity

Ever since I was a young girl, I have adored music. The rhythm, the melody, the lyrics. The way it makes me feel, the way it makes me move. I have always loved poetry and I generally see lyrics as a poem set to sound.

Music has a way of evoking emotion on me and allowing me to release my inner feelings. A song can say everything I want to say and more without me having to do the work.

Music has a way of putting a smile on my face and a little boogie in my step. It is an intense therapy for life, no matter what age. I have been reading a lot about laughter and its correlation to better physical health. I would assume the same could ring true for music.

Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from Heaven to the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment