Monday, August 31, 2009

A Little Bit of Exercise...

As I have been writing my book or personal memoir (as I like to refer to it), I have also been buffing up on my reading skills. I scooped a small book by David Morrell titled The Successful Novelist from my boss. In an attempt to follow this novelist's helpful hints, I have decided to 'practice writing'. He says that a writer must practice writing every day in order to fine tune and remain up to par with their skills.



Inspired by the notorious random questions and thoughts that circulate in my brain daily as well as my recent viewing of Julie & Julia, I feel like the most entertaining way to practice writing is to blog about non-sense daily.



In the spirit of full disclosure (as a dear friend of mine likes to say), I highly doubt anyone will be reading this shenanigans; however, I feel that the experience will prove to be rather valuable in relation to my larger endeavor. Plus, I have heard that writers don't do it for the money or the fame...they simply have stories in their hearts and minds that have to be told.



And I have a lot of stories (or thoughts rather) that I am just dying to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment