Wednesday, January 25, 2023

40 Before 40: Go On a Boat Ride

Boat rides have been a favorite pastime of mine ever since I was a kid. My grandparents had yachts~ where we’d cruise the Ohio and pretend like we lived on it. Sometimes we even had sleepovers docked at bay. 

My parents had speech boats~ Cigarettes to be exact. We’d race on the river with the wind blowing our hair all over while getting what I deemed a free face lift. 

It had been a few years since the sun & salty waters had blessed my life as the thrill of a speeding boat rocked the waves underneath. So when we made our trip to Barbados, a boat ride {or two} was in order. 
We set sail on a snorkeling excursion to swim with sea turtles & the exotic fish. We even had a chance to see an ancient ship wreck still soundly in the sand. 

At our resort, we sailed out on a Hobie Cat with our guide. Sun on our skin. Sand in our toes. Salty breeze taking us away. 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment