Sunday, May 15, 2022

40 Before 40: Attend the Kentucky Derby Pegasus Parade

It had been decades since I attended a Kentucky Derby Pegasus Parade. I can vividly remember being a little girl, riding on top of my Papa's convertible waving to the crowds. Sitting next to him in my khaki romper just smiling the world's biggest smile. So when I was making my list of 40 things to do, I knew bringing back such sweet memories had to be at the top of the list.

Adelaide, Salem & I spent the first Sunday in May embracing our city and one of its greatest Derby traditions. Courtesy of my dad & WAVE3, we had an amazing up-close seat to the show. The entertainment and people watching were tons of fun; we made friends with everyone around; and we even debuted on TV. 

I hope my girls always remember making these memories.



 








No comments:

Post a Comment