Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Thompson Fall Bucket List: Pick Apples From An Orchard

Sometimes the best hidden gems are right in your backyard...literally! When in search of apple picking orchards, I wanted to explore local places other than Huber's and Gallrein. We typically go there for pumpkins and hayrides, so I was hoping to branch out and find some new fun places.

My search brought up: Hidden Hollow Orchard. With the same zip code as us, I knew it would be close. But until I plugged it into the GPS and did some map checking, I had no idea that it was literally in our backyard. It truly is hidden as you have to go through a gate, down a gravel road, and sneak around the bend to find the gorgeous apple trees and beautiful horses residing there.






























The kids grabbed a bag and set out to get a few apples. They also fed the horses carrots and scooped up some baby bear honey to take home. Helen, the owner, is pure joy and so sweet with the guests.

If you are looking for a new-found place and a short activity with kids, I highly recommend checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment