Friday, September 29, 2017

The Ending of An Era: Pregnancy

Four weeks. Four weeks left. In this era of my life.



I was 28 years old the first time I became pregnant. I am 34 years old now for the last time that I will be pregnant. And I have been pregnant at every.single.age. in between.

As I sit and write this, I have so many emotions wavering around in my heart and in my head. I am closing out a chapter of my life (the pregnancy days) that I have enjoyed immensely. I truly do love being pregnant. From the first positive test to the very last moment that baby kicks inside my belly. I love it all. I have been fortunate to carry on with my normal life mostly while pregnant. I don't know what morning sickness is like and my biggest symptom is nose bleeds. Of course I have been tired throughout each pregnancy but who isn't tired at this stage of life?!



I have been blessed with a {mostly} easy road when it comes to getting pregnant and having babies. Despite suffering a miscarriage and postpartum depression, I wouldn't have wished that pregnancy away. Every moment of the blessing of being pregnant from God has enriched my life in ways that I never dreamed possible.

So I will relish and savor and bottle up these last few weeks. Cherishing the kicks and the flutters. Remembering the moments of keeping sweet baby girl safe inside my tummy. I will hold tight to the beauty of life and the gift that God blessed me with as a woman: the ability to bare children.




No comments:

Post a Comment