Monday, November 30, 2015

Life Letters (November): Wine

Ah life letters you came through big time for me this month! When I opened up the letter to myself and realized that wine was my focus and priority, I knew it was going to be enjoyable and a happy 30 days!



The letter to myself was simple...get your wine on! And fitting since November is our anniversary month and we were married at a winery :) So I began by reliving our wedding weekend. I watched our wedding video and day dreamt about being back in Solvang at Lincourt. I thumbed through our wedding scrapbooks, reliving the wine & wishes wedding we planned together. I looked at our wedding album to remember how young and innocent we were only four years ago. It was a nice way to kick-off both wedding anniversary and wine month :)


Next I drank wine. A lot of it. And champagne. Out of my comfort zone I went. Trying new wines. Not sticking to simply Kendall Jackson Chardonnay. I drank reds. I indulged in Moet champagne.


We went wine tasting at Robibero winery where I tried Galway and Rabbit's Foot. I ordered Argentinian & Italian wine at dinners. We ate a late lunch at Harvest Wine Bar & Restaurant in Greenwich where champs was toasted. I went with my girlfriends for a little wine & "friendsgiving" at Pour Wine Bar in Mount Kisco.


I scoured the Lincourt & BR Cohn websites for their latest wine & events. We love Lincourt as it is essentially where our story began, where I told Ryan I loved him for the first time, where we were engaged, and where we were married. We feel right at home there. BR Cohn was our favorite in Sonoma where we would escape from the city life of San Francisco.




The girls and I enjoyed wine flights & bites at Pour Wine Bar in Mount Kisco...so much that we came home "past curfew" according to my husband!





Oh wine, how I love so very much! I am not sure how December's love letter is going to top this!

No comments:

Post a Comment