Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Life Letters (July): One-on-One Time with My Babies

My sweet July life letter mandated me to spend more one-on-one time with each of my babies...yes! It is something that is hard to come by these days yet something I long for dearly.

On a warm Saturday, Adelaide & I indulged in a little mommy & me date. We went for milkshakes at Starbucks, the manicures at the spa (her first!), followed by a movie: In and Out.

This is a day that I will cherish for many years to come. To see the joy and excitement in her eyes from start to finish was such a wonderful feeling to experience. I, too, found myself taking in the sentimental moments and freezing time just to be present with her.










My baby girl has also reaped the benefits of long afternoon naps and been able to get a little one-on-one time after baby brother goes to sleep. We have cuddled on the couch to watch Cinderella or had make-up parties in bed.




With Adelaide in camp, it has allowed for some one-on-one time with Aspen. Something he rarely saw in the first year of his life ;) We have played at the park, had lunch dates, and been fish in the water. The smiles he gives are contagious and help me to remember that he too needs his time with mommy!






A class at Jodi's gym as well as playdates with his friends have been among our favorites this month...








I have loved really concentrating on spending one-on-one time with each of my babies and being present in the moment with them. Nothing makes me smile more and worry less than the love of Adelaide & Aspen!

No comments:

Post a Comment