Friday, April 10, 2015

Big Bro Aspen & Big Sis Adelaide

When I found out that I was pregnant, I wanted a creative way to tell my parents in person. It has just so happened that the previous two times I have found out when I was with them. So telling them in person was 1. easy and 2. soon after. This time I had to wait 5 very longgggg weeks to see them. After seeing the heartbeat, I ordered sweet little shirts for Adelaide and Aspen. Adelaide's reading: Big Sis and Aspen's reading: Big Bro





After what seemed like a never ending flight, we arrived in Naples waiting to tell Mimi & Papa. Mom didn't think anything of Adelaide's shirt of course. And it took her about 3 minutes to read Aspen's shirt despite my persistent prompts!

Clearly she didn't notice that I was taking a video either!





I must say that I am very proud of myself for keeping this a secret for such a long time. I share everything with my mommy so this was a huge ordeal. But the moment I told her, I felt 100 pounds lifted from my shoulder. All of the feelings of loneliness, overwhelming-ness, anxiety, and fear subsided. Thanks mom for being excited and lending an ear & heart to listen and love me!


No comments:

Post a Comment