Friday, November 28, 2014

Give Thanks: Do an Act of Service

This year we used our talents and treasures to give thanks via service.


Saturday evening, I read at our church St. Augustine. I lector once a month. I love reading and am confident in public speaking. This is a great way for me to be involved and really focus on my faith.


EZ 34:11-12, 15-17

Thus says the Lord GOD:I myself will look after and tend my sheep. As a shepherd tends his flockwhen he finds himself among his scattered sheep,so will I tend my sheep.I will rescue them from every place where they were scatteredwhen it was cloudy and dark. I myself will pasture my sheep;I myself will give them rest, says the Lord GOD. The lost I will seek out,the strayed I will bring back,the injured I will bind up,the sick I will heal,but the sleek and the strong I will destroy,shepherding them rightly.

As for you, my sheep, says the Lord GOD,I will judge between one sheep and another,between rams and goats.


1 COR 15:20-26, 28

Brothers and sisters:Christ has been raised from the dead,the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through man,the resurrection of the dead came also through man.For just as in Adam all die,so too in Christ shall all be brought to life,but each one in proper order:Christ the firstfruits;then, at his coming, those who belong to Christ;then comes the end,when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father,when he has destroyed every sovereigntyand every authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death.When everything is subjected to him,then the Son himself will also be subjectedto the one who subjected everything to him,so that God may be all in all.




We also donated a Thanksgiving meal to Yummy Tummies, an organization that my friend Shannon started a few years back. She serves full Thanksgiving meals to those in need in Miami. I am really hoping to open a branch of that here in Westchester next Thanksgiving. An amazing concept and $20 can get one family an entire Thanksgiving meal.

I hope that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and were truly able to reflect on all of God's gifts to you this November! I know that I certainly was and hope to continue that into the Christmas season and New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment