Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Station Eight: Jesus Meets the Women of Jerusalem

Jesus, as you carry your cross you see a group of women along the road. As you pass by you see they are sad. You stop to spend a moment with them, to offer them some encouragement. Although you are have been abandoned by your friends and are in pain, you stop and try to help them.


I know that when I am having a bad day is when I am outwardly as nice as can be to those I encounter. I try to channel the negative within into doing something positive for others. It helps make the most of the day and seems to lift my spirits a bit. I have never felt it was right to take out my bad mood on others especially strangers. 

How admirable that has Jesus is barely able to carry His cross He stops to help others along the way. He doesn't even think twice about lending a hand or ear to soothe others pain & suffering. The needs of others are always put first in His heart & mind.



As an adult, sometimes I act like a child. I become so absorbed in myself and what I'd like that I forget about the needs of others. I take them for granted, and often ignore their needs. Help me think more about others. Help me remembers that others have problems, too. Help me respond to them even when I'm busy or preoccupied with my own problems.


(All italicized quotes/prayers have been taken from www.catholic.org/prayers/stations)

No comments:

Post a Comment