Friday, July 5, 2013

An Anniversary Gift

My brother & sister-in-law celebrated their 2nd year of marriage on July 2nd. I remember their wedding like it was yesterday. Held in Michigan and one hell of a weekend. We roasted my brother the evening of their rehearsal dinner by singing My Shaneen to the tune of My Girl. One of the groomsmen introduced us all to his signature dance move...tease, tease, punish...by demonstrating on the bride. My dad busted a move to Baby Got Back and all sorts of other rap songs. Many laughs & tears were shed.

I think it is important to celebrate anniversaries. For my own marriage as well as for my family members. I always give my parents, Kendahl & Peter, and Amanda & Shane a little something to acknowledge the love they have for one another and to celebrate the commitment they made to their marriage.

This past year I made homemade hot cocoa kits for K&P since their anniversary is in December. Fit for a date night in or a family movie night. I like the homemade gifts especially when they entail food because they can compliment so many date night options.

hot cocoa & crushed peppermints

marshmallows & wafers


straws for stirring


For A&S I opted for an ice cream kit since July is HOT, HOT, HOT! Plus they have a gorgeous backyard deck and hot tub which they frequent often. So I gathered all of the necessities for ice cream, including waffle cones, waffle bowls, chocolate chips, gummy bears, sour patch kids, M&Ms, caramel sauce, chocolate syrup, and more. I packaged it in two little cupcake boxes and tied them together with a cute bow. Then added a tag saying just add ice cream. I stuck with red & white for a little 4th of July color theme.








I turned out super cute and they both liked it!! Which is always a plus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment