Friday, December 7, 2012

A Holiday Affair: Ladies Luncheon

One last hosting hoorah before the holiday season commences...

Yesterday afternoon, I hosted a little ladies luncheon for my tennis friends. A casual yet intimate setting around our dining room table with lots of festive fare.



I went back to my trusted spot, Walmart, to get a few Christmas-y dishes. I grabbed the Better Homes & Gardens Mistletoe salad plates (and place mats) to compliment the white dinner plates we have & the red chargers I bought at Michael's awhile back. Our Lenox Chirp china glasses matched perfectly with their etched design as did our formal flatware. I dressed up the place setting with homemade holiday napkins from Ryan's aunt. A final touch, the place cards were *homemade* coasters made by yours truly.



We enjoyed an appetizer elf delights to start followed by reindeer fuel, snowflake salad, & Santa's soup as our main course. *Recipes can be found here, here, and here respectively.*



No holiday party is complete without dessert so I whipped up a few festive treats: gingerbread man cookies & Christmas tree brownies. And to keep us toasty, we all indulged in a hot cocoa bar with all the fixin's.



Paired with the set of four coasters, I also made our famous poppyseed bread for each guest to take home. These mini loaves are always a hit, and I love sharing a bit of *Collins* family history with friends.

Such a wonderful afternoon celebrating the spirit of the season with friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment