Thursday, November 22, 2012

Copy Cat Closet: Monochromatic Challenge

Finally a Copy Cat Closet edition that I can partake in! For the past few weeks, I was displaced with the hurricane and all so my wardrobe consisted of swimsuits or shorts in FL. Not complaining, just sayin' it wasn't exactly *fall* attire. So I was bound and determined to accept this weeks challenge.

Monochromatic means wearing different shades of the same color apparently. I do a lot of matching as in black bra, black undies, black pants, black shoes, etc but hadn't ever thought to incorporate different shades of one color family.

Recently I read an article about how women have gotten away from dressing up for the everyday life. I certainly find myself in yoga pants and workout shirts a large chunk of the time. I have all of my holiday outfits mapped out, but I rarely *dress up* if I don't have plans. The author remarked how she used to do the same thing until she decided that it made her feel better to be dolled up so she began wearing those sparkly pumps on a Tuesday to lunch with friends or that new scarf to grocery shop on a Thursday. I found her empowering and decided I should do a little more dolling up myself.

So I decided to try out the monochromatic challenge on Sunday while running errands. Yep taking Beau to the groomers, grocery shopping for Thanksgiving, and sipping Starbucks with Ms Adelaide. I opted for a few shades of my favorite color: blue. I broke up the blue with a nude flat and my gold custom Bill Collins necklace as a tribute to my papa.



Sweater: Victoria Secret (old)
Jeans: Express (recent, similar here)
Flats: Cole Haan Maria Sharapova (worn here)
Necklace: custom


If you are interested in linking up, be sure to visit Ma Nouvelle Mode and get style inspiration directly to your inbox! I can't wait to see what each new challenge brings for my inner fashionista because this new mommy needs all the style tips she can get!


the Grant life;

No comments:

Post a Comment