Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Blog Swap: Childhood Summer Vacation



Well I was supposed to be taking place in a blog swap about childhood summer vacation, but my partner never sent me her post...so I am posting mine here :)

Hello from Witty Whit’s Words! I am thrilled to be participating in the 20SB Blog Swap and even more excited to be reliving my childhood vacation memories! So fasten your seat belt and get ready to travel back in time with me!!
As I sit here on our family vacation, the last before we welcome our first child, I am reminded of how giddy vacation makes me. Even now as an adult. Like the saying goes, some things never change.
For me, vacation as a child meant entering a whole new world filled with endless possibilities of activities and chances to create memories. It meant a week with mom and dad, my two sisters, and my brother where we swam for hours, put our toes in the sand, ate extra dessert, and stayed up late. We played endless amounts of tennis or shuffle board or UNO. Our dad told stories from his childhood as we listened intently, hanging onto every word. Our mom spoiled us with toys and treats to commemorate the destination.
A favorite spot for our family was Captiva Island nestled on the west coast of Florida, slightly north of Fort Myers . A small town with big thrills for adults and kids of all ages. We were repeat vacationers to this quaint place mostly during spring break week. We visited with other families making for even more memories and competitive games.
One of our favorite features on the island was The Bubble Room, a bubbly restaurant with a bubbly atmosphere and bubbly staff. Fit with bubbly memorabilia and bubbly photo ops for the whole family, a night at The Bubble Room was always a staple in our yearly visits.
can you guess which one I am?!
Still to this day, my siblings & I laugh and reminisce about our vacations down to Captiva Island. We regard those memories with fondness and often flip through the picture books to relive the glory days. And as we begin to have our own children, expanding our family one baby at a time, it is our hope that we can create these wonderful memories for our own children; hoping that we can provide them with the same amazing experiences that our parents provided for us!
Thanks for traveling along with me to my favorite childhood vacation spot! Now whip out your photo books and hit the road to your own travel destination…Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment