Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekend Treats: Memorial Day Weekend Edition



In our normal fashion, we had a fun-filled, jam-packed weekend back in My Ole' Kentucky home. Landing on Thursday, we hit the ground running. Lunch with my family followed by dinner with Ryan's family.



Friday I hit up Pure Barre in the am with Amanda then ran a few errands before taking over babysittying duty of my sweet niece and nephew. It really is the little things like watching them eat lunch or laying down for a nap with them. Bishop kept playing a game where we ran between his bed and his parents' bed for naptime. He grabs me by the hand and leads me to wherever he wants to go. Melts my heart.



For the evening, we headed down to Doc Crows for a night with friends. We did the whole girls at one end, boys at the other to get our gossip and girl talk in. The food was delicious as usual and it was nice to have a fellow dessert lover, Two Scoops For Me, join this preggo. Dessert is even better when not eaten alone :) Three hours of dinner wasn't enough so we headed to "adult" Molly's for some patio time and adult beverages.




Saturday I challenged myself to another Pure Barre early morning class followed by morning tennis with daddy. I always have to get my tennis fix with him when I come home. It is my happy place and the way we like to bond. We cooled off by taking a dip in the pool after my victory.




I spent the afternoon stopping by the cemetary to say hello to my grandparents. I try to go each time I am home just to let them know what is happening in our world. I love that I can casually converse with them and know that they are smiling down.





And if I hadn't had enough pool time, I took Bishop & Collins swimming at my parents'  house in the afternoon. Bishop loves swimming and his kicks are quite good. We might have the next Michael Phelps on our hand...



The evening was spent dining outside at Fish Market in the Summit with my family. We enjoyed apps and entrees and storytime of course. Then hit up 32 Degrees for some frozen yogurt. Yummy.











Then just to challenge myself a little more I decided to whip up on my baby brother in nighttime tennis. We altered the rules just a bit to handicap him due to my being pregnant. He had to play his serve games left handed and then could play right handed on my serve games. When we got to 3 all, we played a 10 point tie breaker for the match. I won 10-7. It was fun to play under the lights with Shane (we haven't played together in years) and have the crowd cheering us both on.







We really had a great visit home. I love being able to come back so often now that we are living on the east coast. The next time we come home we will be with baby in tow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment