Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Being Productive

Just when I was beginning to think that 2012 was low key (aside from being preggo) compared to 2011, I checked my calendar. I've been fortunate enough to spend most of February at home that I was a bit blind sided by the upcoming travel bug that has struck our schedules.

The calendar reads something like this:

March 8-12                Park City, UT
March 15 - April 2     Miami, FL
April 19-28                Louisville, KY
May 4-6                     Louisville
May 24-27                 Louisville


Catch my drift about being travel struck?

The need to get things done this weekend was imperative. And so Ryan & I both worked our little bodies & minds to the core. He was hell bent on getting the last of the first floor touch up paint finished. So much that he stayed up until 1:30am Friday night and 3am Saturday night. Saturday we spent the day adding some furniture pieces to our collection. Pier One must have thought they hit the jackpot with us when we purchased eleven items from them. Don't worry, I had a 20% off coupon AND triple points on my Pier One card ;)

our new table...chairs had to be ordered


our new barstools 


Sunday I snuck into Tarrytown for a Starbucks (decaf people) and a peek at Pretty Funny Vintage for this fabulous antique desk I had been eyeing. With my thrifty bargaining skills, I was able to get $75 off the original price!

can't wait to hang my Mama Comley's Xmas notes above the desk

By the time I got back, Ryan had cleaned up all of his painting toys, stapled the chicken wire to keep baby Beau from chasing squirrels & escaping the yard, and started on painting a few accent pieces for our family room/kitchen.

freshly painted accent piece...that holds my fun wine glasses ;)

And no weekend for us is complete without a trip to Home Depot. We should get some sort of VIP treatment since we have been there 10 times in the past 3 weeks. Yep, 10 times. I actually enjoyed this trip as it was short and scored us this shaggy rug for the family room.

bringing the beach to NY ;)

And for fun...

St. Patty's Day cupcakes. Just because.

What did you do this weekend to be productive?!

No comments:

Post a Comment