Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fab Friends Friday

Just as I was complaining to Ryan that I was feeling lonely with a lack of actual friends in the city (aside from Julie who travels approximately more than we do ;) ), I was overjoyed with an abundance of friend time this weekend.

Kim called Friday afternoon to check our plans for the CATS game...um well we will would have been watching it at home had she not called. Calling an audible, we scurried up to Petaluma sliding in on two wheels to TAPS with a moment to spare before tip-off time. After a nail-biting victory over the #1 seeded Ohio St., we enjoyed a few adult beverages in the town square of their hometown. A massive slumber party emerged including Kim, Jerrad, Ryan, Miller, & I...Miller is their 130 lb. puppy ;)

Saturday we headed back into the city with a surprise visit from L. Grimes, my former co-worker at USAWP and dear friend. We caught up over basketball highlights and parmesan & garlic triscuits. It was magnificent.

Logsdon was in town Sunday so he came over to watch the CATS destroy the Tar Heels with us. Then he accompanied Ry & I for dinner at our new spot, Roam. I can assure you that Ryan appreciated sipping a bourbon and enjoying guy talk.

The Lord truly does know what you need, when you need it ;)

1 comment: