Monday, February 21, 2011

Heroes & Mentors- Part One


As mentioned previously, I will undoubtedly dote on those who inspire me. Give credit where credit is due right? Well, the first person that comes to mind is a lady by the name of Jenn. I stumbled upon her talents by total accident. In attempting to be a D-I-Y bride, I found some unique ideas on Martha Stewart's bridal website.


 I set out to employ my baby sister to model our wedding programs off a 3x5 photo courtesy of dear Martha. I paid via paypal for the stencil and then realized it was cruel punishment to make a junior in college add this to her load of stress. I politely emailed the stencil lady asking if she could make the actual cut-outs. She could not...but her dear friend Jenn would do the tedious project.

I was hoping for a decent program, something different than the old folded booklet. Via an emailed proof, I got an incredibly designed and crafted piece of art. As if I couldn't be more in love with it from the photo, when a sample showed up at my door, I was stunned. Absolutely perfect. Better than I could have imagined. I have learned that I am no Carrie Crafter, but I am one heck of an Ida (creative) Ideas. So with my ideas and Jenn's crafty work, we were able to make a dynamic duo and a fantabulous wedding program.

I am not quite ready to release the design of our wedding program just yet so I will give you a sneak peek into one angle...


Please, please, please check out Jenn's blog for more of her wonderful work!

2 comments: