Sunday, January 30, 2011

I Love the Nightlife

In the spirit of trying to get to know the city better and living up to our adventurous reputation, I scheduled a little double date for Ryan & I on Thursday evening. Julie, our real estate agent (which sounds weird because she is young, hip, and fun plus we haven't "real estated" just yet), and her Scottish beau Stan met us for an evening of snakes, spiders, and scorpions.

The California Academy of Sciences showcases a Thursday night Nightlife event complete with live music, cocktails, and wildlife exhibits. We became lost in the tropical rain forests of Costa Rica & Madagascar, engulfed underwater with the baby octopus and his sea creature friends, fluttered with the monarch butterflies, and gleemed at the albino alligator.

My photog skills were not the best as I had a few cocktails; although I prefer to blame it on the camera and museum lighting ;) But I managed to capture a few cool shots to give you a feel for the environment.

A night out on the town

This is the Earth, round. 

Large, scary vertebrae of a dinosaur

Gorgeous butterflies at the top of the rainforest

Giant snake

Ryan, Julie, & Stan

Underground water tunnel

Momma & Baby 

Touching the lovely starfish

No comments:

Post a Comment