Thursday, December 2, 2010

While the boy is away, the girl will play...

...with her new scrapbooking goodies!


This week with Ryan up in SF, I have been spending my evenings putting together our camping and San Francisco scrapbook pages. I discovered a hidden gem a few weeks back while driving home from work. All this time, it's been right in my own backyard, and I didn't even know it!


A crafty girls dream. Well, I'm not typically crafty, but I do adore scrapbooking. For one, it is a great way to spice up photos as opposed to continually putting them in vinyl albums and storing them on my coffee table. Second, they are nearly impossible to really screw up. But mainly, I enjoy making them because you can combine the pictures, the knick-knacks, and the memories into one place and display it for future admiration.

I started our camping scrapbook back when we hiked Mt. Whitney. I had mentioned to Ryan that I would like to get back into scrapbook making, when we wandered around the visitor center only to find a Mt. Whitney scrapbook kit. It was a sign. I managed to find an I Love Camping scrapbook online at Jo-Ann's Fabric and immediately ordered it. Much to my dismay, I was having trouble finding the proper paper background and props for the rest of our camping adventures...

Until I roamed the strip malls of Goldenwest Avenue in HB. That is when I found the store of all scrapbooking stores. I was more than pleased with the selection of camping-like materials. I collected some lovely things and then prepared to pay up. But the red painted Golden Gate Bridge 8x11 sheet caught my eye. I've been saving a Love is Everything scrapbook for sometime now, unsure of what to capture between the pages. Unsure no more...San Francisco adventures, baby!


So my week has been spent putting together our memories! Still works in progress but I thought I would share a few sneak peeks with you...



Official first page of the camping scrapbook


Heart & Soul, Love is Everything


Golden Gate page


Fisherman's Wharf page

2 comments:

  1. I really want to make a scrapbook from Italy! I think you may have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! We could have a scrapbooking date night! They have a lot of pages and stickers from Italy!!!

    ReplyDelete