Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lemon-Pepper Chicken & Feta Pitzas

With my recent cooking spree in high gear, I decided to try my hand at being the "make dinner from scratch chef" Tuesday night. I've gotten pretty good at figuring out how to combine various ingredients to spice up a simple spinach salad, but I needed an entree to accompany my green creation. Since we were heading out of town for 6 days, we had a few grocery items that would expire before our return home. So with a few suggestions and a little direction from Ryan, I made mini-pizzas. Lemon-Pepper Chicken & Feta Pitzas to be exact. The process was quite simple and time efficient, and most importantly, I had free reign to do as I pleased sans a recipe!

Ingredients:
3 to 4 chicken strips
lemon pepper seasoning
pasta sauce
feta cheese chunks
whole wheat pitas

Directions:
1. preheat oven on 350 degrees
2. season chicken strips with lemon pepper
3. place chicken strips in foil lined baking dish
4. bake for 20 to 25 minutes
5. place pitas on cookie sheet
6. coat pitas with pasta sauce
7. sprinkle feta cheese on top of pasta sauce
8. put chicken strips on top of pasta sauce
9. bake on 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes

And viola...


No comments:

Post a Comment