Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Working Woman's Wednesday (Lucky Number 7)

For 7 weeks, I have been doting on my favorite female friends and how hard they work in terms of their career. So many of the important women in my life come from all walks of life and have a variety of talents which help to make me a better person. In honor of this past weekend and the woman who gave me life, I thought for Lucky #7, I would brag on my mom a little bit.

My mommy never really had the 9 to 5 job as long as I've been around. We were blessed financially in that she didn't have to work to help put food on the table. In fact, my dad preferred that she not "work". (I think that stems from the fact that he met her while she was working for another automobile dealer aka the competition).

Her work schedule was more of a 24/7/365. If you've met my family, you know that we can be demanding. All 6 of us. So in theory, my mom's work has been taking care of and protecting 5 other people (yes, daddy-o included). A life-long career; one that never ends. No matter how far away we are or what time it might be, she is always "on call." Phew, I barely have the energy to work 8:30 to 4:30 and be involved in a few extracurricular activities.

She has always been great at hosting events in our honor, remembering important dates & moments in our lives, tending to our wounds, and spoiling us uncontrollably. Despite the miles that separate us physically, I always feel like she is right here with me.

Kuddos to my mommy and all of the moms in the world for their never ending work in making the world better one child at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment